With your Unibas account, you have access to the network and applications of the University of Basel 365 days a year and around the clock.
In doing so, you may use applications and process data with increased protection requirements, which is why the 'Two-Step Login' is introduced for all user accounts.
- Read which methods are available for authentication.
- Select your preferred method. The 'Best Practice' can help you with the selection.
- Activate your account and configure the methods you want.
Here you can go directly to the quick guides for activating 'Two-Step Login'.
- For smartphone users, the PUSH method is the most convenient way to use 'Two-Step Login'. By simply confirming the request, the users can perform the authentication.
- It is also recommended that smartphone users store their mobile number. This makes it easier to change their smartphone.
- Store your Unibasel phone number. This will enable you to perform 'Two-Step Login' even if your smartphone/mobile device is not operational.
- If you have access to other phone numbers (e.g. a second phone number at work or at home), you can also store these as additional numbers.
- If you have several smartphones or tablets in use, install the Authenticator app on these devices as well.
FAQ's for "Two-Step Login
The two-step login procedure is only intended for personal user accounts. So called. Group mailboxes and/or functional mailboxes are not affected and do not require a two-step.
You can also use your workplace number for verification by means of a telephone call. If this is not possible, please contact the ITS ServiceDesk (+41 61 207 14 11).
Contact the ITS Service Desk (+41 61 207 14 11).
Check that you do not have a call barring function active for advertising calls. Temporarily deactivate the barring and try the function again. If you now receive the call, make the necessary adjustments to the barring.