We offer varied and challenging apprenticeships at the University of Basel. We are looking for reliable and communicative young people who enjoy working with computers and people.
The apprenticeship lasts 4 years and the vocational training takes place at the Gewerblich Industriellen Berufsfachschule Muttenz (GIBM).
Apprenticeship as IT Specialist EFZ
What do EFZ computer scientists specializing in business informatics do?
- You learn about tasks, processes and workflows in different teams and work actively with them.
- You will learn how to operate and further develop network, server and firewall components in complex IT environments.
- You learn how to integrate laptops / PCs with Windows, Linux and macOS securely in the enterprise environment and how to operate them, including software distribution.
- You advise users on the best software product.
- You experience how to become responsible in a modern system landscape.
- You will acquire the knowledge to work successfully as a business IT specialist within the demanding IT landscape.
Apprenticeship as Computer Scientist EFZ-Platform Development
What do EFZ computer scientists specializing in platform development do?
- You learn about tasks, processes and workflows in different teams and actively participate.
- You learn how to operate and further develop a complex IT environment in a modern, agile and innovative IT.
- IT security, network, server and firewall will no longer be foreign words to you.
- You will learn how authentication and authorization make the IT world secure.
- You will experience how to become responsible in a modern system landscape.
- You will acquire the knowledge to be successful as a platform specialist within the demanding IT landscape.
- You live the topic of identity & access management and zero trust in your team.
What requirements do you need for these professions?
- Completed Matura or secondary school level P with good performance in science subjects.
- Enthusiasm for natural sciences (math, computer science and physics).
- Interest in software development and also IT technology.
- A positive attitude, good manners and reliability.
- Joie de vivre, friendliness, interest, openness and a communicative way of working.
- Enjoy teamwork and an active team life.
- Extensive training in important specialist areas
- Collegial working atmosphere
- Fair remuneration
- 13th month salary
- Private accident insurance
- Paid breaks and flexible working time models
- Numerous offers and benefits
- A culture of trust, respect and tolerance
- Diversity and sustainability
- Promotion of an appreciative work culture
- With successful vocational training, you'll lay the foundation for a potential career at university
How long does the apprenticeship last?
- 4 years
How does the apprenticeship work?
- You work in the IT services of the University of Basel and learn about the IT front-end and back-end services in direct user contact.
- you go to vocational school in Muttenz 2 days a week. In addition, inter-company courses (ÜK) are also held regularly in Muttenz.
- In the IT services of the University of Basel you will build up knowledge in user contact and apply this knowledge practically. You will become familiar with the Windows, macOS and Linux platforms - both from the user's point of view and from the point of view of the university-wide IT management for several thousand machines and the systems required for this.
- Over the years, you'll know more and more solution options for the different user requirements and the methods of implementation.
What are the next steps?
We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Spitalstrasse 41, 3. OG