With your Unibas account, you have access to the network and applications of the University of Basel 365 days a year and around the clock.
In doing so, you may use applications and process data with increased protection requirements, which is why the 'Two-Step Login' is introduced for all user accounts.
- Read which methods are available for authentication.
- Select your preferred method. The 'Best Practice' can help you with the selection.
- Activate your account and configure the methods you want.
Here you can go directly to the quick guides for activating 'Two-Step Login'.
- For smartphone users, the PUSH method is the most convenient way to use 'Two-Step Login'. By simply confirming the request, the users can perform the authentication.
- It is also recommended that smartphone users store their mobile number. This makes it easier to change their smartphone.
- Store your Unibasel phone number. This will enable you to perform 'Two-Step Login' even if your smartphone/mobile device is not operational.
- If you have access to other phone numbers (e.g. a second phone number at work or at home), you can also store these as additional numbers.
- If you have several smartphones or tablets in use, install the Authenticator app on these devices as well.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk (+41 61 207 14 11).
Authentication using the 'Authenticator App' only minimally increases data consumption.
In principle, no additional costs incurred for the 'Two-Step Login' will be covered by the University of Basel.
Receiving SMS at home and abroad is basically free of charge.
Yes, you can register multiple smartphones.
The functionality of 'Single Sign-on' (SSO) is used. This means that logging in to other applications (which are protected by 'Two-Step Login') with the same browser is not necessary if you have already logged in once with 'Two-Step Login' with the browser. However, a new authentication takes place after 24 hours at the latest.
Spitalstrasse 41, 3rd Floor
Phone +41 61 207 14 11
Access to 3rd Floor
The 3rd Floor is only accessible via Elevator. If this is not possible please give us a call from the Lobby and we will pick you up.
Please note that a visit to the IT-Service Desk is currently only possible between 08:30 and 12:00 rsp. 13:00 and 17:30. We thank you for your understanding.